COASTAL MARKS LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
COASTAL MARKS LTD is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal data we collect about you;
- how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit from);
- with whom your personal data might be shared; and
- your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Who we are
COASTAL MARKS LTD is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as COASTAL MARKS LTD, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice).
Personal data which we collect
Personal data provided by you
We collect personal data about you when you:
- register with us on our website;
- purchase or make payments for any of our products or services;
- contact us through our website;
- apply for a job with us;
- complete customer feedback or surveys;
- participate in competitions; or
The personal data collected in the above manner may include your:
- full name;
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- payment details;
Personal data provided by 3rd parties
We may receive information about you from other sources (such as online table and event reservation providers), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve how we provide our products and services to you.
Special categories of personal data
We may ask you to provide special category personal data, for example to understand any allergen information so that we can cater appropriately for you / to allow us to facilitate appropriate access to any premises where we are operating, or where you are applying for a role with us.
We will only collect your special category personal data with your explicit consent. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Personal data about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data outside the European Economic Area;
How we use your personal data
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process any orders for goods and/or services which you make with us;
- manage your table bookings and event bookings at our venues and ensure that we can provide you with a personalised and memorable experience with us;
- assist you with your queries in relation to our business and/or venues;
- review any job applications you submit to us;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences (although this is only ever done in an anonymised manner and will not identify you specifically);
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services; and
- traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We would like to send you information by email about our products and services, competitions or prize draws and special offers which may be of interest to you.
If you provide us with consent, we do not share your details with any third parties.
We will only send you marketing messages when you click to subscribe on our website or tick the relevant consent box when you provide us with your personal data. If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe function on each of our emails or by contacting us directly through the “Contact Us” section of this website.
How we ask for Consent
In those cases where we need your consent to hold and process your personal data, we will ask you to check a box on any form requiring consent (except when subscribing to our newsletter via our website, when we will ask you to click on subscribe) By checking these boxes you are confirming that you have been informed as to why we are collecting the information, how this information will be used, for how long the information will be kept, who else will have access to this information and what your rights are as a data subject (all of which is set out in this Privacy Notice).
How we keep your personal data secure
To protect your information we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner, and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place.
All employees, contractors and sub-contractors receive the necessary training and resources to ensure they understand their responsibilities in relation to all of our policies and procedures.
In additional to these operational measures we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies and procedures, including ensuring that:
- access to personal data is strictly restricted to those employees who need access this information as part of their role;
- we store your personal data on secure servers and unauthorised external access to personal data is prevented through the use of a firewall;
- information used for reporting and/or customer profiling purposes is anonymised (so that it does not identify you);
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology); and
To make sure that these measures are suitable, we run vulnerability tests regularly. Audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are routinely scheduled.
How long do we keep your personal data
We shall only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. If you would like more information about how long we retain specific types of your information, please contact us on the contact details provided later in this Privacy Notice.
Transfers of your personal data out of the EEA
All information you provide via our website is stored on our secure servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If any data that we collect from you is transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the EEA at any time, we will update this Privacy Notice accordingly.
When you link to one of our trusted third party reservation supplier websites via our website or to a social media site via our website, any personal data which you provide them may be transferred or stored outside the EEA. Please check their websites’ privacy notice carefully.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your information or that we are illegally using your information, you can request that we erase the information we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your information
You have the right to request that we stop processing your information. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your information to comply with your other rights.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your information to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
For your security we may need to verify your identity before we process your instructions above.
Cookies and tracking
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device when you access our website.
You can delete/control cookies via your browser settings by following these instructions, however if you choose to block cookies then your browsing experience may be affected. This includes:
- Live Chat functionality (if available)
- Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics / Tag Manager
- Allow you to share pages with social networks
- Allow you to share pages via Add This (if available).
The website will not share any personal information with third parties.
|Allow cookies||CookieConsent||This will remember that you are happy to allow cookies on our website. This cookie is set to expire after 12 months|
|Google analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users and expires in 2 years|
|Google analytics||_gat||Used to distinguish users and expires in 24 hours|
|Google analytics||_gat||Used to throttle request rate and expires in 1 minute|
|Google analytics||-utma||This allows Google Analytics to determine unique visitors to our site. The cookie expires 2 years from initial creation or from update of cookie|
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, need further information about how we use your personal data or wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01297 446910
- email us at: email@example.com
- write to us at: COASTAL MARKS LTD, c/o The Oyster & Fish House, Cobb Road, Lyme Regis, Dorset DT7 3JP
- contact us using our “Contact us” page on the website
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.
Where we have made any changes to this Privacy Notice which affects the manner in which we use your personal data, we will contact you by email to inform you of this change.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 18 July 2020.